The Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens is located on private property. While we try to extend every consideration to individuals and groups wishing to photograph at the Polasek, these activities must not interfere with normal operations or compromise the safety of the building, the Museum’s collections, or the grounds.
All photographers (anyone capturing or recording an image by mechanical or digital means (film or video) for commercial, professional, artistic, or recreational use) are required to check in at the Reception Desk upon entering the grounds and before capturing any images. Commercial, Professional, Portrait, and Artistic photographers are required to make an appointment with the Museum’s Event/Rental Coordinator prior to the session date. Photography may not begin until any associated fee is paid in full. The Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens reserves all rights for photographic reproduction of Museum Property.
The following rules apply to all photography at the Polasek:
- Flow of visitors along driveway and pathways must not be blocked at any time.
- Guests, photographers, and their equipment must stay on pathways – walking in plant beds or behind plant beds or placing equipment in beds is prohibited.
- Hanging of props or gear on trees or plants is prohibited.
- The Polasek does not assume any responsibility for loss, theft or damage to equipment.
- Plants and planted containers may not be moved, rearranged, or handled in any way. Blooms may not be picked.
- Visitors may not climb or hang from trees or architectural features.
- Climbing, sitting, standing, or walking on walls, fences, structures, or water features is strictly forbidden.
- The Polasek maintains the right to adjust these policies, in specific instances, for the best interests of the gardens and the general public.