Facilities Assistant Position | To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com.
Part-time | 20-25 hours a week | $15.00 per hour
The Facilities Assistant position is a direct assistant to our Facilities Manager. Albin Polasek Museum is located on 3.5 acres of colorful gardens. Taking care of the property to the best of our abilities is our Facilities department’s primary task. The employee who fills this position must be willing to help others and work on a team as we do have a strong volunteer time tied to our non-profit.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
● Typical landscape maintenance and upkeep of 3.5 acres of sculpture gardens
● Trimming of trees and shrubs
● Old plant removal and new plant installations
● Irrigation systems maintenance
● Landscape construction and building projects(including but not limited to, woodwork, painting concrete & masonry)
● Working with event staff on site for pre and post-event activities
● Working with our Curator on developing and changing show exhibitions in the gallery
● Maintenance issues of permanent art collection indoors & outdoors
Physical and Skill Requirement:
● Working indoors and outdoors through all of Florida’s changing seasons
● Lift up to 60 pounds minimum by yourself
● Work in a team environment
● Follow directions and execute tasks in a given timely manner
● Take charge of projects and see them through to completion
Age Requirement: 18 Years Old
To apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.